Acupuncture is offered in a multibed setting where patients are treated together. These kind of spaces are similar to those found in China, where many people receive treatments in a large open room.
Multibed clinics allow the practitioner to significantly reduce the price of each treatment making it more affordable and accessible for everyone.
It is possible for acupuncturists to offer this type of service because acupuncture needles usually take 20-30 minutes to do their work, so the practitioner can place needles in one patient, leave them to relax and then move on to another patient.
– Reduced price
– Sense of community and togetherness
– Problems seem to be less overwhelming
– Most people feel surprisingly comfortable
– Conversations can be overheard
– Reduced privacy
– Not suitable for patients who need more attention